Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Forever Oceans is looking for an adventurous and technically strong research marine engineer and modeler to assist in the design and execution of open-ocean projects for the aquaculture industry. Successful candidates will have proven expertise and success developing and deploying deep-sea, open-ocean moorings.
The position is a full-time position working out of Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC), which is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- Design, model, and simulate deep-sea, open-ocean mooring systems.
- Author engineering reports, equipment specifications, and related data sheets.
- Draft 2D engineering drawings, system specifications, and other engineering deliverables.
- Oversee oceanographic surveys in support of farm operations.
- Prepare logistic and deployment plans in coordination with in-country production teams.
- Coordinate and conduct of in-situ inspections of deployed systems.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with teammates on a daily basis.
- International travel.
- BS degree in Ocean, Coastal, Naval, or Civil Engineering OR equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience implementing oceanographic modeling studies.
- Experience using mooring system analysis tools like GMoor, Aquasim, Orcaflex, etc.
- Knowledge of codes and standards related to the design and deployment of ocean structures.
- Practical experience with deep-water ocean mooring systems.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration preferred.
- United States citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid passport or ability to readily obtain one.
- English – Excellent spoken/written capabilities
- Willingness / ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language capabilities a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to relocate to Forever Oceans Research and Development center in Kailua-Kona, HI.
- Any real-world work experience working within the aquaculture industry is a plus.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans:
Forever Oceans aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans seeks skilled engineers, biologists, research specialists, and technicians that not only align with our company’s needs, but also believe strongly in our mission.
Forever Oceans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.