Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Forever Oceans is looking for a technically strong software engineer to lead a talented team of engineers building cutting edge software solutions for the marine aquaculture industry. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong engineer looking to take on management challenges while keeping their coding skills sharp.
Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC) is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Successful candidates would be required to relocate to Kailua-Kona, Hawaii full-time.
- Manage iterative software development cycle and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support.
- Define and maintain technical direction, coding standards, best practices, and technical standards.
- Lead an agile process, including daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Contribute feedback to enhance team performance by writing code and unit tests, performing peer code reviews, and writing clear documentation as needed.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to decompose requirements, estimate tasks, and design and deliver solutions to production teams.
- Help recruit, hire, retain, and level-up Forever Oceans’ software team.
- Organize and facilitate regular 1:1’s with your team for coaching and mentoring.
- Collaboratively craft and share the team’s values, principles, and mission.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Angular, Python, MongoDB, Docker
- Hands-on experience deploying, managing, and maintaining cloud applications on Amazon Web Services.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership or management role.
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Kanban, or similar agile development methodology.
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management tools.
- Understanding of RESTful API design and architecture, microservices, and containerization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English is a requirement but Spanish or other languages are bonuses.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Prior startup or growth company experience is a bonus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Outstanding communication skills, and the willingness to engage proactively with peers.
- You love open, honest, healthy communication.
- Self-motivated, with a drive and capacity to build, launch, and iterate on products.
- Ability to relocate to Forever Oceans Research and Development center in Kailua-Kona, HI.
- Any real-world work experience in a marine environment is a plus.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans:
Forever Oceans aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans seeks skilled engineers, biologists, research specialists, and technicians that not only align with our companies needs, but also believe strongly in our mission.
Forever Oceans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.