Role: Accounting Specialist
Location: Gainesville, Virginia
Required Expertise: A successful candidate must have minimum of two years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, or a combination of related education and general accounting experience. Experience with automated accounting software and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications are also essential. The position requires strong communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to process a high volume of work under a deadline.
Desired Expertise: Experience with Microsoft Dynamics. Experience working in with international corporations. Experience in accounting for the construction industry or accounting for live animal inventory. Proficient in Spanish.
Description: As the Accounting Specialist you will be processing daily accounting transaction, and supporting the accurate reconciliation and maintenance of the corporation’s financial statements and budget reports. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
You will enjoy working in a casual fast-paced, team-oriented working environment. Our work culture is designed to support career growth, and motivated, self-starters will succeed in this role. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, flexible savings account, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and healthy living credit.
- Accountable for recording the cost of fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare and verify accuracy of journal entries
- Support of month end closing process
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Examine assigned accounting documents to verify accuracy of computations and uniform application of policies, procedures and acceptable accounting