Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Forever Oceans is looking for an adventurous and technically strong research engineer to develop cutting edge machine learning solutions for the marine aquaculture industry. Successful candidates will be self-motivated individuals with strong background in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
The position is a full-time position working out of Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC), which is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- Analyze, design, develop, and debug software for advanced computer vision and machine learning systems.
- Develop software for both embedded and cloud platforms which solve complex computer vision, sensing, and classification problems.
- Conduct active research and produce large datasets, of various file formats.
- Contribute to the authorship of publications, including research reports, briefs, and grant submissions.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with teammates on a daily basis.
- Masters or PhD. Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related field with a focus on computer vision, image processing, machine learning, or artificial intelligence.
- Excellent understanding of latest computer vision and machine learning technologies.
- Practical experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. OpenCV, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, Keras, etc.).
- Experience with hardware optimization techniques such as GPU programming using CUDA.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to relocate to Forever Oceans Research and Development center in Kailua-Kona, HI.
- Any real-world work experience in a marine environment is a plus.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans:
Forever Oceans aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans seeks skilled engineers, biologists, research specialists, and technicians that not only align with our companies needs, but also believe strongly in our mission.
Forever Oceans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.