Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Forever Oceans is looking for an adventurous and capable technician to assist in the construction and testing of unique robotic and automation systems. Under the supervision of an engineer, this employee would aide in plastics fabrication (via CNC table mill operation), electrical panel fabrication, and assembly and testing of general marine hardware.
The role is a part-time position working out of Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC), which is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- Operate a Shapeoko CNC table mill to cut custom pieces from HDPE plastic panel as directed.
- Solder wiring splices and harnesses for systems as directed.
- Assemble electrical components and complete wiring of panels according to schematics.
- Construct hardware from fabricated components.
- Perform water-tight enclosure assembly and testing.
- Fabricate fixtures for test environments.
- Maintain hand tools, equipment, and log books and help keep the shop orderly.\
- Assist in field testing.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- CNC milling – Gcode, work fixturing, machine setup, etc.
- Proficient with hand tools and general workshop equipment.
- Soldering – wire splice and wire to board termination.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word.
- Knowledge of CAD software is desired.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to relocate to Forever Oceans Research and Development center in Kailua-Kona, HI.
- Any real-world work experience in the marine environment is a plus.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans:
Forever Oceans aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.