Salary: $60,000.00 /year
Forever Oceans is looking for an adventurous and technically strong IT Administrator to help build and manage cutting edge IT systems across an organization with a global footprint. You’ll be joining a highly-motivated, multi-disciplinary team focused on revolutionizing the way fish is produced. Successful candidates will have prior experience administering cloud based IT systems, maintaining corporate IT assets, and providing end-user support and training.
The position is a full-time position working out of Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC), which is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- User management including user provisioning, directory syncing, and software license management.
- Setup and configuration of new team members equipment and installation of necessary software on both Windows and MacOS devices.
- General IT support and troubleshooting of laptop/desktop systems.
- Management of IT, visual, and audio equipment in conference areas.
- Monitoring and auditing of corporate asset security posture and implementation of best practices.
- Management and implementation of backup and disaster recovery plan and process.
- Coordinate with Engineering Director to prioritize IT deliverables and provide recommendations for the improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- BS in IT related field OR equivalent experience and certifications.
- At least 1 year experience in a desktop support or helpdesk role.
- Experience using cloud based Directory-as-a-Service solutions (e.g. Pointivity, Okta, JumpCloud).
- Strong understanding of security best practices and multi-factor authentication (i.e. U2F, FIDO2, Yubikey).
- Experience developing custom administration tools in Bash, PowerShell, and/or Python.
- Familiar with Linux, preferably Ubuntu or Debian.
- Ability pull, route, and terminate Ethernet cable.
- Ability to work with remote/international teams; Spanish language skills are a plus!
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability (and desire) to work at Forever Oceans Research and Development center in Kailua-Kona, HI.
- Any real-world work experience in a marine environment is a plus.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans
Forever Oceans is a VC funded mariculture startup that aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans seeks skilled engineers, biologists, research specialists, and technicians that not only align with our company’s needs, but also believe strongly in our mission.
Forever Oceans is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.