Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
*ONLY APPLY IF INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO PANAMA*
Forever Oceans is looking for an adventurous and technically strong Field Service Engineer to help manage and maintain fish production and automation systems for the marine aquaculture industry. You’ll be joining a highly-motivated, multi-disciplinary team focused on revolutionizing the way fish is produced. Successful candidates will have prior experience managing and maintaining industrial control systems and other marine hardware.
This position is a full-time position in the country of Panama with an initial multi-month, hands-on training period out of the Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC), which is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to Forever Oceans’ systems.
- Support on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency, and other farm operations in assigned areas as required.
- Report product quality issues to relevant Engineering Manager and file field reports as directed/required.
- Train other members of the Forever Oceans team on systems and light maintenance operations.
- Maintain accountability/inventory of assigned system spare parts.
- Assist production team within with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems.
- Communicate and share system information with US-based personnel and support staff as needed.
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures
- Position may require some travel as well as holiday and weekend work.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (required).
- BS/BEng in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering OR equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years field service experience with electro-mechanical products.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information.
- Comfortable using electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills) and communication skills.
- Computer software/hardware literate using both Mac and Windows software.
- Basic computer networking skills.
- Able to use safely use hand and power tools.
- Understanding of AC (both single and three phase) and DC power systems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability (and desire) to live and work in Panama.
- Any real-world work experience in the marine environment is a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans
Forever Oceans is a VC funded mariculture startup that aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans seeks skilled engineers, biologists, research specialists, and technicians that not only align with our company’s needs, but also believe strongly in our mission.
Forever Oceans is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.