Forever Oceans is looking for an adventurous and technically strong software engineer to help build cutting edge software solutions for the marine aquaculture industry. You’ll be joining a highly-motivated, multi-disciplinary team focused on revolutionizing the way fish is produced. Successful candidates will have prior experience developing cloud-based systems and web applications in an Agile environment.
The position is a full-time position working out of Forever Oceans’ Research and Development Center (RDC), which is located in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- Design, develop, and debug software components.
- Configuration management, deployment, CI/CD, monitoring, and other DevOps functions to manage software components in production.
- Write unit tests and instrument codebase to identify bugs and improve performance.
- Coordinate with Software Lead to prioritize software development deliverables.
- Contribute to the authorship of publications, including research reports, briefs, and grant submissions.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with teammates on a daily basis.
- BS/BEng in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related field OR equivalent experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Python, Angular, Docker, Amazon Web Services
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design principles.
- Proficient in the git CLI with an understanding of how pull requests work within a collaborative team.
- Familiar with Linux, preferably Ubuntu or Debian.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for working on cutting-edge technologies and eagerness to learn new things.
- Team player with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability (and desire) to work at Forever Oceans Research and Development center in Kailua-Kona, HI.
- Any real-world work experience in a marine environment is a plus.
- Any trade or physical media skills (e.g. welding, carpentry, electrical) are a plus but not required.
- A love of the ocean.
About Forever Oceans
Forever Oceans is a VC funded mariculture startup that aspires to be the world leader in end-to-end sustainable offshore aquaculture solutions. Formed from a spinout of defense giant Lockheed Martin Corporation, Forever Oceans combines advanced technology and biology to build modular, environmentally friendly offshore fish farms. Our approach will ensure that delicious, sustainable seafood will be available for worldwide consumption today and for future generations.
Forever Oceans seeks skilled engineers, biologists, research specialists, and technicians that not only align with our company’s needs, but also believe strongly in our mission.
Forever Oceans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.