Gainesville, VA 20155
Required Expertise: A successful candidate must have minimum of five years of experience working in accounts payable or a combination of related education and general accounting experience. Experience with automated accounting software and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications are also essential. The position requires strong communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to process a high volume of work under a deadline.
Desired Expertise: Experience with Microsoft Dynamics. Experience working with international corporations. Experience in accounting for the construction industry or accounting for live animal inventory. Proficient in Spanish.
Description: As the Accounts Payable Specialist you will be processing invoices, payments, credit card transactions, and employee expenses. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
You will enjoy working in a casual fast-paced, team-oriented working environment. Our work culture is designed to support career growth, and motivated, self-starters will succeed in this role. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, flexible savings account, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and healthy living credit.
- Review, code and process invoices, expense reports and check requests
- Prepare disbursement tracking reports for budgets
- Process and post transactions and computer accounting entries
- Verify and process weekly accounts payable disbursements, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Review source documents for compliance to rules and regulations; determines proper handling of accounting and technical transactions within designated limits; validates accuracy of data entry and reports discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Monitor accounts payable correspondence (email, mail) for vendor invoices, bills and payables
- Correspond with vendors and various levels of management
- Create step-by-step procedural information and documents processes