16 oz. fresh, cleaned and skinned, Kanpachi
2 large carrots, peeled
2 large rainbow radish
1 Lime, zested and juiced
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh pepper
1 tsp honey
2 mini sweet pepper- sliced thinly
Cilantro for garnish
1. With a vegetable ribbon-er, or spiralizer, process the vegetables and then put
into very cold water until ready to use.
2. Pat dry the fillets and season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Next, heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat, and add the
Kanpachi, show side-down, and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and
continue to cook until the skin is light golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes.
Carefully flip the fillets, cook until brown and the internal temperature reaches 145F.
4. Remove the ribbon-ed vegetables from the water and allow to drain. Shake off any
excess water and add to a mixing bowl.
5. Add the lime zest, and juice, as well as the olive oil and peppers.
Mix thoroughly saltwater combination overnight.
To plate: Place the salad over the Kanpachi, and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe by Chef Chris Aquilino
For some culinary inspiration and a FREE downloadable recipe book click the link below.
Click the icons below to follow us on our social media platforms!